As current students at Louisiana State University, the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity have found that successful students are those that focus on their education, make use of knowledge gained outside the classroom, and exhibit leadership qualities in all aspects of their lives. Furthermore, we use these qualities to strike a balance between each commitment we have made in our lives so that we may learn to strike a similar balance between our future work and home lives. Our fraternity embraces these beliefs in its core principles – virtue, diligence, and brotherly love.
Sigma Phi Epsilon created the Balanced Man Scholarship to promote our principles and beliefs by giving financial aid to four exceptional people at Louisiana State University each year to help them maintain their success in both academics and life. The scholarship is based on a person's ability to find balance between school, activities, faith, and any other commitment that may possess them.
The details of the Balanced Man Scholarship are as follows:
- We will award four scholarships to qualified students.
- Two incoming freshman will be recipients of $1000 each
- One incoming freshman will be the recipient of The Alumni Leadership Award winner and will be awarded $1000
- One incoming freshman will be the recipient of $2000
- Applicants must be attending LSU in the fall
- There is no requirement to join SigEp or any other fraternity in order to apply
Please contact us if you have any questions concerning the Balanced Man Scholarship. Good luck with your application!